Teachers are the backbone of any professional. It is one of the noblest profession one can have. As a teacher, you would be dedicating your lives to make sure that the other people, or your students, can live the best of theirs. There would be no doctors or lawyers without teachers, which just goes to show how important teachers are in making better people who serve their country. This teacher appreciation week, make sure you remind your teachers how amazing they are.
They sacrifice and give to the community without expecting anything but to know that people learn from them. Your teachers may not show it much but they are just human, too and they get tired and stressed although their position requires them to be a little more patient. There are many ways to celebrate teacher appreciation week. If you are planning to make your teacher feel the love, then here are some ideas on what you can do aside from giving her a bouquet of her favorite flowers:
- You do not have to write your teacher a long personal letter, although that would be a good idea too. Something simpler should do the trick. Letters on little sticky notes that say good things about your teacher would be enough. You can put a personal touch or sentimental message on them like a time when they inspired you. Teachers would appreciate it and would feel special if you remind them of how much they inspire and help you become a better person. That is their goal after all.
- You spend your whole day at school and even during your lunch break. It would be a good time to have a meal with your teacher. Invite them to lunch with you and your friends where you can talk about more than just your lessons. This would help make your teacher feel more at ease at work and would actually form a bond with her students that is more than just what is inside the four walls of a classroom.
Make a meal
- If you are pretty handy in the kitchen, it is time to bust out those moves and prepare a special lunch meal for your teacher. This is usually the only time teachers get a break from the responsibilities of school, so let your teacher enjoy it more with a special lunch; if you know her favorite food then try making it for that day. Teachers will feel loved and cared for by their students who put in the extra effort to make them feel important.
Give them a card
- Nothing says there is something to celebrate than a greeting card! Add a personal touch to it by writing a letter or making everyone in your class write a personal note. You can easily buy huge sized cards in stores that will surely fit all the notes your class would write. Add flowers to this card to make it more special and heart-warming. Some florists would happily choose the right bouquet you can give to your teacher.
- If you are already a working professional or have recently graduated, what you can do is reach out to the teachers you have had before that left an impact on your life. Remind them of the importance of what they have taught you and did for you to be able to reach where you are now. Teachers would often feel touched if their old students remember them as this is a sign that they made an impact in your life no matter how small.
- Collage making is one of the most fun things to do with your classmates. You can all make one big collage where you put everything you think your teachers would appreciate. Put pictures of your time together as a class and write notes or doodle. Anything would be fine as long as the main point is that it is a dedication of your love and appreciation for your teachers.
Volunteer for a cause or charity that is important to them
- If your teacher is someone who is passionate about a charity or any non-government org., you should show your support and volunteer or donate to these places. This would make your teacher happy, especially since these places are important to him or her. This would show them that you listen and think of them as good influences on your life because it made you want to help out more.
Help in the Classroom
- One of the simplest and easiest things you can do for your teacher is to help out in the classroom. Whether it is cleaning or keeping everything in place, little things like that would definitely help lessen the stress they would feel. You can also try to behave as a class to reduce the stress your teachers might experience.
- Put up a corkboard or anything on one wall of your classroom that is dedicated to your teacher. Each of you can take turns writing what you love about him or her or how they have changed your lives. This is easy and fun to do with everyone.
Perform with your classmates
- Put on an unforgettable show for your teachers. You can sing or dance for them and remind them of how you appreciate having them in your life. Teachers are, after all, the parents we have at school.