Wedding ceremonies are one of the most beautiful events in a person’s life. A celebration of love and new beginnings, weddings should be nothing short of perfect. However, organizing a wedding is not as easy as it appears to be. There are many things to consider in planning for a wedding such as the budget, number of guests, and motifs. In fact, one of the hardest things to plan for in a wedding is the flowers. Far from what it looks like, wedding flowers are actually the decoration that takes up most of the space and will set the whole mood on your event. Yet, they do not only serve to embellish the venue, but they also serve to beautify different members and key people during the wedding. That is why it is important to make a checklist of the different flowers that you want as well as where you will place them. To make things simpler for you, we have made a guide that will help you not miss out on any flower arrangements so that you and your local florist will have smooth planning.
Flowers for the Entourage
During the wedding ceremony, flowers are not only used for decorative purposes and the entourage brings flowers because of tradition. Here are the different bouquets needed for the wedding entourage as well as our personal recommendations on the best flowers to have.
- Bridal Bouquet – Bridal bouquets are one of the highlights during a wedding. It does not only serve to add as an accessory to the bride, but it has become a long-ingrained tradition symbolizing a new beginning, fidelity, and hope of fertility. Classic bridal bouquet flower choices include roses, tulips, calla lilies, and peonies. For the arrangement, the popular choices are hand-tied, cascading or waterfall effect, and pomander or what looks like a flower-shaped into a ball. Bridal bouquets are definitely the most important thing during the entourage, and it must be perfect and beautifully arranged.
- Bridesmaid’s Bouquet – Bridesmaids consist of your closest and dearest friends and we’re pretty sure that you would want them to look as dashing as you are. There are different variations of bridesmaid’s bouquet that are elegant without stealing the bride’s thunder. For flower choices, the most popular ones are usually a smaller version of the bridal bouquet. However, if you want the bridesmaid’s bouquet to be completely different from the bride, popular options include lavender, hydrangea, carnations, and chrysanthemums.
- Flower Girls – The cute little flower girls are a delightful sight during the wedding ceremonies. Flower petals are tossed by them where the bride will walk right after. Definitely, any flower choice will serve greatly for the flower girl toss. You can even spice it up by adding ribbons, confetti, or paper hearts.
Ceremony and Reception
Flowers do not only serve to accessorize the entourage, but they are also used for decorative purposes. You can find different flower arrangements during the ceremony and even during the receptions. Depending on the motif, flower choices will definitely vary. But if you are still undecided yet, here are popular choices that you can consider as well as where they should be placed.
- During the Ceremony – While the entourage will bring flower bouquets, wedding flowers are still adorned in different areas of the ceremony. Such can be found in the entryways, on the aisle, and on the chair. There are many florists that can help you with their suggestions and recommendations and you can opt for unique flower choices such as gardenias and wildflowers. Potted plants are also a great way to maximize and embellish floral arrangements.
- Reception Arrangements – Wedding reception areas are also adorned heavily with flower arrangements. The most eye-catching would be the centerpiece. Flower centerpieces are a great decorative piece because although they are minimal, they certainly are dashing. There are many variations of floral centerpieces from placing it in a vase or shaping it like a ball.
- Getaway Car – Lastly, the end of a wedding is marked by the newlywed couple riding off to their getaway car. Getaway cars are usually limousines but there are also variations such as horse-drawn carriages and vintage cars. Wedding car decoration is embroidered with floral arrangements placed either at the front of the car or at the back. Also, most of the time, it is accompanied by a banner that says, “Just Married!”. The wedding car is quirky, and it is a chance for you to release your creative juices. You can adorn your getaway car with wreaths and strings of white flowers or colorful ones.
Flowers are definitely a staple during a wedding. You can play with different types and different colors to make your wedding look more stunning and elegant. That is why it is important that you have a checklist, just like what is written above, to help guide you through what is important and necessary for your wedding. Wedding planning is a very hectic task so as much as possible, you would make a checklist and a guide to make planning smoother. A wedding flower checklist will also help your expenses stay within your budget. In addition, your wedding planner and wedding florist will surely appreciate the checklist because it can help them do their job better by making an organized list of what you want and what you expect out of them. We hope that this checklist will make your wedding planning easier and less taxing as it was supposed to be.