Graduation is one of the most awaited events in somebody’s life. Finally, after several years of hardship and struggles, the graduate has finally finished all the requirements for school and is now ready to face yet another journey of his/her life. This is usually attended by the whole family to show love and support and to also honor the graduate for a job well done. It has been a tradition of almost any family to give a token of their appreciation to the graduate. This so-called “Graduation gift” is something that needs to be well thought out and should have a purpose or meaning behind it. We have listed down 12 graduation gift ideas that a graduate would surely love!
- Wristwatch – This gift is versatile and can be bought for him or for her. Time is indeed valuable and we must always take note of it and make sure all the things we do are worth every second. A wristwatch will always come in handy and every time the graduate checks his/her wrist, he/she will remember you for giving that watch as a graduation gift. Graduation can also mean that the graduate will finally leave the family home and go elsewhere to pursue his/her dreams. Giving a watch can also symbolize that no matter where they go, you are all together every second of the day.
- Luggage – If the graduate is going to college or will be working soon, giving him/her luggage is definitely the way to go! This will come in handy when he/she packs up to leave the house. Luggage is also important for travel and when moving stuff and it lasts for a very long time. Some are packed into three – a hand carry, medium, and large-sized luggage that has different purposes. A hand-carry is important if you want to bring stuff inside the cabin and medium and large-sized luggage is mainly for other big items and clothing. They say a graduation ceremony is also where the graduates take a flight to their new journey. This gift is the best to bring along!
- Polaroid camera – Pictures capture moments and the best tool to use for this is the camera closest to you. A Polaroid camera has always been the best gadget to capture moments and have them printed right on the spot. Unlike photos from a smartphone, you can physically hold a Polaroid picture and keep it or place it in a scrapbook or a photo album. For sure, new memories that the graduate will have will surely be captured and stored for a long time.
- Laptop – If the graduate shall pursue higher education, giving him/her a laptop is one of the best choices. A laptop is portable and can be used for study, research, entertainment, connectivity, and social purposes. It will come in handy especially during exams and paper works at school and if he/she feels homesick, he/she can always use the laptop for video or voice calls to family and friends. With its many uses and purposes, giving a laptop for graduation is indeed one you must consider.
- Journal – Another perfect gift for a graduate who will go to the next level of education – a journal. More often than not, journals are very useful during classes for taking notes and jotting down vital information. Almost every student brings a journal even though virtual notetaking apps have surfaced the internet. As what most students suggest, writing down notes is still better than typing it in a device. It makes them remember the information a lot more and it’s easier to track information. You can be playful with this gift by customizing the cover or even the pages inside.
- Flower – Who doesn’t love flower right? Almost all florists have their own design of graduation flowers that people can buy and give as a gift. This one will definitely hit the spot, especially for girls. As they enter a new chapter, it’s good to come in to boost their confident.
- Jewelry – Thinking of a memorable gift to give? Well, maybe a bracelet, a ring, or a necklace will do the job! This gift is highly customizable and can fit the taste and personality of the graduate who will receive it. You can place a favorite quote or Bible verse, initials, nicknames, or even unique symbols like Zodiac sign, birthstones, and a lot more. If you have the extra budget, going for brands like Cartier or Charriol will truly make the graduate feel special.
- Perfume – As the famous quote says, “Perfume is the art that makes memory speak.”. Indeed, gifting a perfume bottle is something one will always remember… and smell every day. Every person has a distinct reaction to different perfumes that’s why choosing this gift might be hard at first but once you finally have the perfect scent, the graduate will surely love this fragrant offering. There are a lot of perfume brands out there to choose from and most even have a special gift packaging to make it stand out.
- Pet – Who does not love pets right? Study shows that they are therapeutic and bring out more dopamine in the brain causing happiness and a light mood. Giving a pet to the graduate is indeed a huge step since it will require him/her to take care of it but it will definitely give him/her the sense of ownership and the responsibility as well. Pets can also vary depending on the personality of the receiver if he/she is either a cat person or a dog person. Maybe a fish person? No matter which animal, giving a pet as a gift is a true charm.
- Gadgets – This works best for the younger graduates. A gaming console, mobile phone, or even a drone. Gadgets are appealing and can be very useful depending on their purpose. If the graduate is into gaming, a console or a gaming computer is the best bet. If he/she loves taking selfies and surfing the internet, a mobile phone may be a good choice. If he/she is the adventurous kind, maybe a drone or a GPS watch is something to consider. There are lots of different gadgets out there – you just have to know the graduate well to know what suits for him/her!
- Paid vacation – After long hours at school and never-ending paper works and exams, school break is finally coming. The graduate really deserves that amazing vacation he/she always wanted. Book a trip to Maldives, go island hopping, and swim in its turquoise waters. You may also opt for a local vacation and book a nearby resort to let of steam and enjoy the summer sun. Every once in a while, we really need a vacation to reset our minds and bodies before starting a new journey.
- Dream Car – If you have enough budget to buy a car as a gift, then go ahead and fulfill every graduate’s dream! Whether a custom second hand or a brand new one, a car is the most perfect graduation gift anyone could ask for!
No matter how cheap or expensive the gift is, the most important thing is the thought that was put out to buy it and the intention to give and make the graduate happy. These are only 12 graduation gifts to choose from but there are still lots more to decide on. Now go ahead and buy that graduation gift!